Clear all

မြန်မာဘာသာဖြင့် ရေး၊ဖတ်ဖို့ ဒီနေရာကို သွားပါ။

Email sent to the Permanent Mission of the People’s Republic of China

David Myo
 David Myo
(@David Myo)
Topic starter  

Email address: chinesemission@yahoo.com
Subject: Kindly request from people of Myanmar.
Date February 17, 2021

Dear Excellency,

I would like to draw your kind attention to the prevailing situation in Myanmar. The Military ignored the desire of the people of Myanmar who expressed clearly their desire through the ballots at the 2020 general elections on 8 November 2020. On 1 February 2021, the Military unlawfully took the state power from the civilian government elected by the people of Myanmar. The Military arbitrarily detained the State Counsellor Daw Aung San Suu Kyi, President U Win Myint, other political leaders and social activists. Since then, millions of Myanmar people from all walks of life have come out on streets and engaged in protests against the Military coup and made demands to end the military coup, immediately and unconditionally release our leaders and all unlawful detainees, and return the state power to the elected government.

On behalf of the people of Myanmar, I would like to call for China to listen to resilient voices of the people and respect their desire. In this regard, I wish to further call for China to extend its genuine support towards the people of Myanmar by not supporting the Military coup, not recognizing the Military regime, and asking strongly the Military regime to return the state power to the people through the elected government. It is imperative and time for China to stand with the people of Myanmar.

We would like to request China to give a clear and strong signal to the Military regime that China is standing with the people of Myanmar. I hope that China as a close neighbour of Myanmar and a permanent member of the UN Security Council will play a constructive role in this regard and will not disappoint the people of Myanmar.

Thanking you in advance for the unwavering and strong support of China towards the people of Myanmar.

With warm regards.
Wynn Han

Myanmar people are emailing above message to the address below - This report came from the Myanmar social media.

H. E. Mr Zhang Jun
Permanent Representative
Permanent Mission of the People’s Republic of China to the United Nations
New York.
Email: chinesemission@yahoo.com
Fax: 212-634-0042
212-634-7625

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *